Every photographer has his way and style and it might or might not suit you. You should know your local photographer thoroughly before you actually finalize him. You have to do a proper research and have to be very particular and choosy when it comes to his artistic skills, professionalism, and personality. Here are a few points you should keep in mind before you hire a local photographer in Beirut –
- Style of photography –You should know the style of photography at which he/she is an expert, experienced and highly comfortable in. There are different kinds of photography styles like candid, portraiture, fine art, edgy or bold. There are a few photographers who can combine two styles of photography and give you a combination of them. There are some photographers in Beirut who could mix black and white with colored pictures and create a unique album for you. There are some who can only do candid whereas some who could only do a portrait. Hence, every photographer has his own expertise.
- Experience –You should know for how many years he has been doing photography and how many events he has actually shot. There is an old saying “Experience makes a man perfect” and it is true in this case too. A more experienced photographer means he will be able to click better photos. It is also important to know what kind of events he has participated in Beirut. If you have a big gathering then you should find out if he has ever shot in a larger gathering or if your party is outdoors during daytime then it is important for you to know if the photographer has an experience in clicking photos in full light. These all are small points but important.
- Photographer’s personality –It is extremely important to have a photographer with good a personality and talking skills. In Beirut, the guests feel very offended if not spoken well with. Example – if at the time when the formal picture is clicked and your photographer misses out or speaks in a not acceptable manner with any guest, then that could be a problem. A photographer should be assertive but at the same time, he should be calm to get all the guests in control by a positive force.
- Actual photography prices – You should know what the right amount a photographer quote is. In Beirut, a few photographers ask for very high prices which are not justified. You can easily get cheated. So, be smart and before any negotiations are aware of what does the photography packages cost.
- Your rights on the pictures –Most contracts state that the photographers own all rights to your pictures. As per the terms of this policy you cannot share your photos without the photographer’s watermark. If you are not comfortable with these terms then you can negotiate with the photographer else you shouldn’t go with this photographer.
There is a long list of local photographers available in Beirut. They could be found on the internet or from recommendations. With the help of the points mentioned above, you could find the best one in town.